Information about Promo Stars and our Services
We, at Promo Stars Services are a dedicated crew and work hard for the things we believe in.
- We believe in the love of reading and the want to share these unique experiences with the rest of the world
- We believe in the Indie Author and think you deserve the most cost effective way to promote your work and have your voice heard.
- We believe in quality over quantity. If we can get your work out to a few select readers who have a PROVEN extensive network – then we have done our job.
- We believe in a good time. This should never be considered an unwanted chore to either you as the Author or us as the Promoter. We are dedicated to make this a fun and rewarding experience for all involved.
- We believe in partnerships and working together in order to reach your goal. This may mean a contribution of a $10.00 Gift Card included in the Giveaway will reach more readers than a truck load of swag.
All promo packages include:
100% organization of tour
A banner – artwork/cover provided by author
Tour schedule w/links so bloggers can follow along
HTML posting to make it easier on our bloggers
Word Document with everything included in case bloggers want to use their own format.
Promotion on all our major medial social sites
Rafflecopter creation/organization (prize provided by author)
-Giveaways can be handled in two ways by Promo Stars:
- The author can provide a prize for each site participating in the tour. It will be the responsibility of each blog to host their own giveaway and send the winner’s information back to Promo Stars. We in turn will create a list of all the winners and their information to forward to the Author. It is then the Author’s responsibility to distribute the prizes to each winner.
- Giveaways can also be handled in a universal format and will be the responsibility of Promo Stars to create, organize and distribute the script to each blog participating in the tour. Once the tour is complete, winners will be selected and their information will be forwarded to the Author. If the Author has other donated materials, it will be the responsibility of the Author to contact the prize-givers in order for the gifts to be distributed.
-It has been proven that Gift Cards in any monetary amount are more favorable among social media stalkers. When Promo Stars sends out a link to the blog hosting for the day a hashtag (#) is used with the giveaway to reach more individuals. Along with a Gift Card – either a signed copy or E-book is the next best promotional item for the giveaway (especially if there is a prior book in the series).
-Entries for most giveaways will either consist of FaceBook Page Likes/Twitter follows/Blog Comments/Blog Follows for the tour participants.
-Entries for the Author consist of FaceBook Author Page Likes and Twitter Follows. If you do not indicate other entries, the above will be used.
All hosts are encouraged to have their posts go “live” at a certain time on their date. I make sure to stress that the time is supposed to be EST. Bloggers and tour hosts are spread all around the world and sometimes it can be confusing on the time difference. Please be patient and Promo Stars will contact the blogger if this occurs.
Reviews are commonly posted by the blogger as part of their “live” post on the day of their schedule. Some reviewers though may post these reviews separately on the day of the tour or may do so the day beore/after. We do encourage these reviewers to also post the reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.
Reviewers are informed if they cannot rate the book at least 3 Stars, to inform us at Promo Stars ASAP and we will send them a Promo Post instead. They are also made aware to not post a review either on Goodreads or Amazon until after the tour is complete. This is to promote your book, not hurt the ratings.
Please understand, Promo Stars can’t guarantee the number of reviews which will show up during the tour. Because of the above statements, it does happen that the amount of reviews will be less than the number of your package. To try to eliminate this obstacle, we like to offer the option to review in all our tours so we overbook by a few.
An invoice for the total amount due for the package you chose will be sent to the email address you used on the sign-up form. Payment of this invoice is asked to be made in full as these services are imperative upon payment. If payment is not received in a timely fashion, tour dates could become affected and need to be rescheduled. This is extremely important with Cover Reveals and Release Day Tours.
Once you have selected your package and made your payment, refunds will not be issued. I do understand there may be unforeseen problems that may coincide with tour dates but we at Promo Stars will do everything in our power to either find replacements or reschedule the tour at a later date.